Sunday

Driving

The night is more alive tonight then normal, the air, dense and warm, the smell of pine and honey suckle mixed with the heat radiating off the old roads. The breeze, a lover's kiss, lifting the hair off my neck, softly kissing the light mist of sweat on my skin. My heart is full of wanderlust tonight. There is no real destination, just a need to see the headlights infront of me, illuminating a new path. It is adventursome, to be winding down what ever road seems to call to me. The mystery and unforseen heady in my blood. I belt out every song on my favorite CD. Old songs, ranging from Nickle Back to Van Morrison, back to Sarah and up again to Theory of a Dead Man. I let the lyrics take me over, in a trance I lose sense of where I am, who I am, and for that moment I am free, I am music; my spirit vibrations in the night air, a disturbed puddle radiating in waves from the center, exploding free and pure; reaching into the heavens.



I need this distraction, the night has lost its comfort for me, and I must tame its seduction once more. I can't carry a tune, but still louder and louder I sing each song, a smile on my lips as I pass each curve and bend. On a bridge under the cypress a brown owl stairs at me, probably questioning my sanity, and I slow down to take in the moon light over the creek. My skin aches to feel the cool water caress me, cascade over every curve, puckering my nipples and dimpling skin. But the desent is too deep, so I drive on, leaving my would be peeping tom to continue his pursuit of some errant prey.



Tonight I feel alive again, and as I meander back home, I think of the newest adventure I have stumbled apon. I touch my skin as tenderly as I would a lover, and think of what is going to be like at my shoot tomorrow. It is such a mixture of trepidation and excitement right now. I hope I never lose the thrill when I undress in front of the camera, slowly pulling each piece of clothing off, thinking of the eyes that will see me, growing ever more excited at the thought.



I need to sleep! To waste this sultry night away in slumber so that I can devote every ounce of emotion to tomorrow. Yet, it seems like such a waste to me. I want to explore and talk and learn and laugh and just BE. But, pulling in the drive way I promise myself I will lose myself in slumber, hopefully to dream of tomorrow's conquest.

No comments:

Post a Comment